According to Matt 28:19-20 We believe we exist to fulfill the Lord’s command to go and make disciples. Our Mission Statement, which defines our purpose, is To glorify God by Growing in the Word, Loving our neighbor as ourselves and Reaching the lost.
1. We believe the Bible is the inspired Word of God. It is in-errant and without error. It is our final authority in practice and polity. ( II Tim 3:16; II Pet 1:19-21).
2. We believe God is the one triune God, made up of the Father, Son and The Holy Spirit. (Exod 20:3-4; Matt 28:19-20; II Cor 13:14). We believe that Jesus Christ was born of a virgin, that he died and rose again the third day, ascended into heaven, and will return to earth to take His Bride, The Church, to heaven at the Rapture. (Matt 1:18-25; I John 5:20; I Thes 4:16).
3. We believe the world was created by God in six literal days and that the world continues exist because of the sustaining power of God. (Gen chapters 1-2; Col 1:16-17; John 1:3).
4. We believe that salvation of sinners is wholly by grace through faith (Eph 2:8-9). It is impossible for men to earn or work themselves to heaven. (Titus 3:5-7). We believe salvation is a personal decision that must be made by each individual, and is not the result of religious activity such as baptism. Salvation from sin only comes by receiving God’s gift of salvation. (Acts 16:33).
5. We believe baptism is a picture of our identification in Jesus Christ (Rom 6:1-4). We believe that the best way of baptism is through immersion (Matt 3:16). Baptism is in no way a part of salvation, but rather an act of obedience in proclaiming our faith in Jesus Christ (Matt 10:32-33).
6. We celebrate the Lord’s Supper as an act of worship. This is done in obedience, (I Cor 11) to remember what Jesus did on the cross for us and to look forward to His soon return. We believe the bread and the grape juice symbolize Jesus’ broken body and shed blood.
7. We believe that Jesus will return to take His church away ( II Cor 15:51-58) and that there will be a seven year Tribulation period, followed by the Millennal reign of Christ (Rev 20).
8. We believe that the lost who do not know Jesus Christ as their personal Savior will live eternally in the Lake of Fire (Rev 20:11-15) and those who have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ will live eternally with God in heaven (Revelation chapter 21).
9. Our church has pastors and deacons that meet the qualifications of I Tim 3:1-13 and Titus 1:3-9.
10. Our church is an autonomous, congregationally governed church, which means that the church is governed solely by the power of its membership.